Monday 16 May 2011

PRESENTATION SKILLS

On my 2nd focus week i was learning how to use a digital programme called "3Ds Max design" in one to one tutorials provided by Real Animation Works ltd.
I realised that 3d modelling is a vital skill to have as a designer and it would also significantly improve my presentation skills and increase my ability to deliver my ideas more accurately and in a comprehensible way.
I have started from very basics and progressed to an intermediate level. Since 3Ds Max is a huge programme and offers a wide variety of commands and functions including 3d animations, i concentrated on how to create basic 3 dimensional forms and how to apply materials, textures and also how to adjust lighting.
By the end of the course i felt quite confident about my digital skills and was well prepared to present my proposal in more detailed way.


I started from creating simple forms such as sofa and table. 




The following images are related to the "Seat for Kingston"
The project was created in autocad, however materials, 
textures, lights and rendering were done in 3Ds Max.


























No comments:

Post a Comment